Bjørn Wiinblad

Sometimes I find photographs or features in magazines which in turn result in an avalanche of information, inspirations and sometimes even shopping... Reading a few days ago in Elle Decoration (UK) about about Bjørn Wiinblad, the late Danish artist, this was exactly what happened.




His house delighted me in it's colorful glory and the living room reminded me of a painting by Gauguin.




I began to research his work and became truly excited, since some of it was utterly familiar. His ceramics and designs for
Rosenthal Porcelain are well known to me. Living in Germany in the 70's and 80' particularly at Christmas time one would find his whimsical designs on plates and vases.
I found beautiful examples of his work on eBay.



And I did go and bid on some fine piece!
And I got it...


Now on it's way to my house from good old England!

0 comments:

Post a Comment