A cosy and warm Finnish table setting

With the shortest day of the year fast approaching here in Sweden natural light is scarce. As per Scandinavian tradition the best way to let natural light into the home over the winter months is through candle-light, whether on the dining table, in the windows or outside the front door. I've noticed that even my children's nursery have candle light on their breakfast table! This cosy dining table setting for two has been styled by Maiju of Finnish blog my second hand life for Lapuan Kankurit. It looks so cosy and warm, I could see myself having a 'fika' here with friends, anyone want to join?!






My Second Hand Life with kind permission. 
Other than the fabrics and square plates, everything used for this setting are flee market finds!

I found beautiful vintage lamps on Etsy yesterday, the candle holder is the Nappula from Iittala, find beautiful linen table cloths and napkins in white and dove grey here. The chair with the wooden legs is 'About a Chair' by HAY.

If you'd like to read more about this table setting you can always pop over to Maiju's wonderful blog.

I also love this Christmas table setting (imagine?!) and this New Years Eve table setting (I just bought star garlands like these from Illum but you can also buy similar ones online here). And look at these beautiful DIY rosemary napkin rings - perfect around a fresh white linen napkin?

How will you decorate your table this season?

PS I think you're going to love tomorrow's home tour! See you then :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment